Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Interview with Jennifer Loiske, author of Club Number Five

In the Limelight with…


Jennifer Loiske

I belong to a group called MasterKoda on Face book. With a great group of friends supporters and general good vibe, this group really brings out the best in you. No task is too benign, a question too inappropriate  each is handle with the greatest love, respect and care. A group I stumbled on and really find helpful at all times. Jennifer is one of the group members with a lot of talent and I thought it will be great to have her here. 

Author’s Interview Questions

      1.     Are you famous is the general question I get when family and friends introduces me to their friends. It always left me with a pause as quick comebacks filters through my mind but ending up saying something like ….”Oh gee thanks” and give a shy smile, silly I know but the idea unsettles me. (a)Does this happen to you and (b) what do you say?

a: Yes that has happened to me and b: I always say nope but I will be someday.




      2.       In general do you like to talk about you writing and published books or are you very close-lip about it? If no why?

Oh, I like to talk about my books alright. I enjoyed writing my books and I hope to get readers excited to read them as well so why not spread the word. However, I only talk about my books if someone asks.

      3.       What book/s are you currently writing and what is it about?

I’m writing Blood Master, the final part of Immortal Blood Series, but I’m also writing couple of short stories to a charity book.

     4.       Why this particular genre?

I love to read paranormal romance stories. And when I say ‘love’ that’s an understatement. But sometimes the story does not go as I wish so I started to write stories for myself. I’m actually still surprised that other people likes to read them too!



     5.       What inspire or motivate you to write?

Everything. I get inspired from a lot of things. Sometimes I see an interesting looking person and the story starts to develop in my head. It can also be a song, movie, something that someone said that triggers my creativity. Really, it doesn’t take much to get me excited J

      6.       What is the writing process like for you?

If I follow my routines the writing flows easily but if I slip…well, let’s just say I better not slip!

     7.       How did/do you teach yourself to write?

I team up with other writers, listen and learn what they have to say and I participate all kinds of writing workshops. I also read a lot. It’s amazing how much you can learn from the other writers!

     8.       What aspect of the craft do you think is most difficult to learn?

Editing! It is definitely the hardest part of writing. What to cut and what to save and of course the obvious question: When is the time to stop editing and send your baby out of the nest.

     9.       What has been the most encouraging comment someone has made about your writing?

I’m lucky to receive a lot of emails from my readers but one comment stands out. My debut novel is under a heavy re-editing as we speak and yet one man said: “Lovers of the genre should take note ... a new talent has emerged. With this book, the first of The Shapeshifter Series, new horizons are opened up with the merging worlds of wolf and man and relationships that stretch the mind to places where the imagination takes over and leaves you eager for more.”

So even if the story has its faults someone loved it that much that he wanted to give it a compliment as amazing as that. Oh, and the best part is that this man is from Scotland and I use a lot of Scottish-Gaelic in that book. So yeah, my heart beats for him.

     10.   What is the best and/ or worst part of being a writer?

The best part is freedom. As an Indie writer every choice is mine but that is also the downside. I have a huge responsibility to make sure my work is at its best.

      11.   Any advice for struggling writers?

Never ever give up! Even if you feel like your writing is total garbage. Keep writing. Success does not come to you in one night. You have to work hard and if you love your writing maybe one day someone else will, too.

      12.   What is your favorite genre to read or write?

Paranormal Romance.




     13.   Favorite author?

Arrgh! There are so many…Jennifer L. Armentrout, Amanda Hocking, Richelle Mead, L.J. Smith…



     14.   Do you have a favorite spot to read and write? 

No, not really. As a mother of two I try to steal some ‘my time’ whenever and where ever I can.

      15.   What did you do before you became a writer?

Was there a life before this? No, seriously, I was a pre-school teacher and I trained search- and rescue dogs.



     16.   Was it a life long dream or triggered recently?

Definitely a life long dream. I’ve known since I was a kid that all I want to do is write. It just took me a while to give into my passion.

     17.   What do you like to do when not writing? 

I take a long walks with my dogs and plot inside of my head. I also go to gym whenever possible.


      18.   Do you have a bucket/ to-do list and would you share at least two things on it?

Of course I do! Here are couple of things from it: Sell the house and start traveling. Build a summer house for disabled kids. Learn to surf.



      19.   Most daring thing or experience you have done you would like to share?

Oh gosh, daring huh, this is really a tricky one. I don’t know if this was daring but I promise you it was a lot of fun. I once worked at this gym, teaching aerobics and I heard about this one African dance teacher that was fabulous. So I tricked my boss to hire him for the summer and organized a bunch of classes for him to teach. Meaning we flew him from Tanzania to Finland, spent the summer together dancing and having lot of ‘late nights’ with lot of drumming, singing and laughing. There were only twelve people in his classes but it was well worth it.

      20.   This or that questions:
          ·         Coffee or Tea - Tea
          ·         Sweet or savory –Savory
          ·         Home make meal or takeouts – Home made
          ·         Winter or summer – Summer
          ·         Night-owl or Early-Bird – Night-owl
          ·         Telephone or visits – visits
          ·         Which social network do you prefer? Facebook
          ·         Blogger or website? Both
          ·         What does your family say about your career? Supportive or Clueless? - Mainly clueless but in a supportive way!
         


And Finally
Moto/wisdom in life you live by. 

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” (Albert Einstein)



Contact details and buy links of the newest books you would like the readers to know.


Thanks once again for your willingness to share with me and the readers.

Your Host Lynelle Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment