Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Today I have the lovely Michele de Winton with me

In the Limelight with…


Michele de Winton

Welcome Michele and thanks for being part of this blog.

I thought it a good idea to catch up with you and see what you are up to since the last time I reviewed a book for you. The Boss and her Billionaire was beautifully written and a wonderful romance story.

Author’s Interview Questions
      1.       Are you famous is the general question I get when family and friends introduces me to their friends. It always left me with a pause as quick comebacks filters through my mind but ending up saying something like ….”Oh gee thanks” and give a shy smile. (a)Does this happen to you and (b) what do you say?

Bahahaha. I write both under my own name and a pseudonym. I do sometimes get this question, but mostly in the “should I have heard of you” form rather than are you famous. I usually say I’m world famous in my street.

      2.       In general do you like to talk about you writing and published books or are you very close-lip about it? If no why?

I love to talk about my published books, but I’m often a bit more hesitant about work in progress. Once it’s contracted I’ll chat all day, but I have a thing about jinxing work until I know it’s actually going to be out there in the world.

      3.   What book/s are you currently writing and what is it about?

I’m currently writing the two follow up titles for The Boss and Her Billionaire. The second (which is currently called Love Lost and Found) is due out from Entangled Publishing this fall and I’m pretty excited about it. It picks up Felicity’s story, who was Michaela’s BFF on board in The Boss and Her Billionaire She was a character I just loved and so had to give her her own book!

Rick McCarthy had everything sorted until his CFO and fiancée Felicity Williams vanishes after an accident. No Felicity means no investors, no business deal, no wedding. Discovering she’s taken work on a cruise ship, Rick is suspicious but determined to bring her home, whatever it takes.
The accident wipes the last five years completely clean for Felicity. Stranded on a deserted Pacific Island with a rich handsome stranger she decides to live out the made-for-Hollywood scenario, only to find Rick is about as far from a stranger as they come. After a trip through The Islands to catch up with the cruise ship and plenty of time to get used to his body, Felicity realizes Rick was right not to confess who he was straight away – she’d have run a mile. But when he reveals what he really needs from her, Felicity must decide whether she can ever trust the man she loves, but can’t remember.


      4.  Why this particular genre? 

       I love contemporary romance. It’s a nice bite sized dip into romance without too many overriding setting or character building things to digest before you get to your happy ever after!

      5.   What inspire or motivate you to write? 

       I guess I kinda just can’t help myself. A couple of writing friends often complain that they’d like to be cured, from this writing bug, but no matter how tough it sometimes is, it’s a passionate love affair with words that always draws me back to the page.
        


      6.   What is the writing process like for you? 

       It’s a job for me. I get up and I write. These days I’m usually always on deadline, but I still have time to sneak in a short story here and there that springs as if from nowhere – usually from a first line that has stuck with me.

      7.       What is the best and/ or worst part of being a writer? 

      Seeing your work in print and hearing that it transported readers to somewhere else!

      8.       Any advice for struggling writers? 

      Four things really. Write. Read. Rewrite. Don’t stop. Seriously, the number of people who have told me they’d like to write a book but never quite get round to it. Obviously there are lots of things to learn and craft to hone, but the most important part is getting words on the page, if you can, everyday.

      9.   What is your favorite genre to read or write? 

      I love contemporary and paranormal romance at the moment.

     10.   Favorite author? 
      
      Love Sarah Mayberry, Ruthie Knox and Nalini Singh.

       


      11.   Do you have a favorite spot to read and write? 

      I have an office I write in. I’ve recently had to install a lock as my Mr One and a Half yanked the cord out of my hard drive and almost lost all my writing! ARG.

      12.   What do you like to do when not writing? 
       
       
      13.   Do you have a bucket list and would you share at least two things on it?

Skydiving, having a bath in warm milk chocolate, trek the Himalayas, dive the Red Sea and travel to the Pyramids. There’s still so much of the world I’d love to see.


      14.   What have you done so far on this list? 

      I have skydived. I tried to get up into the Himalayas but there was some unrest (I was travelling overland from India) so we got turned back. The rest will have to wait its turn.

      15.   Most daring thing or experience you have done you would like to share? 

      My word, I’ve done quite a few things that could be considered foolish rather than daring! Hitchhiking through India and Malaysia springs to mind. I certainly wouldn’t do that now and I’m not sure I’d want to hear about it if my wee ones ever decided they’d give it a go!
      


      16.   This or that questions:
        ·         Coffee or Tea – Tea.
        ·         Sweet or sour – Ideally both together.
        ·          Home make meal or takeouts – Home made
        ·         Winter or summer – Summer
        ·         Night-owl or Early-Bird – Early Bird but only if I have to.
        ·         Telephone or visits – Visits
        ·         Which social network do you prefer? – Arg. Facebook or Twitter
        ·         Blogger or website? Both
        ·         What does your family say about your career? Supportive or Clueless - Supportive
         


And Finally
Moto/wisdom in life you live by. 

“Fear is excitement without breath.”

Contact details and buy links of the newest books you would like the readers to know.
Readers can reach me through www.micheledewinton.com @MicheledeWinton and http://www.facebook.com/michele.dewinton I’m also on Goodreads.

My next two books will follow on from The Boss and Her Billionaire to complete The Pacific Empress series for Entangled Publishing’s Indulgence line.
Thanks once again for your willingness to share with me and the readers.






No comments:

Post a Comment