Monday, June 17, 2013

Carlyle Labuschange author of Broken Destiny


We met on Face book last year, Carlyle was busy planning the launch for her new book The Broken Destiny when I came on the scene, she contacted me and invited me to be part of the launch. A unforgettable night that I will not forget. At the end we were 5 authors, just releasing our first books and without sounding like a cliche it was magical. 


So without any further a dew I want to introduce you to Carlyle Labuschange, a wonderful vibrant young lady that is very dear to me. It is a honor to have her on my blog.

Author’s Interview Questions

1.       Are you famous is the general question I get when family and friends introduces me to their friends. It always left me with a pause as quick comebacks filters through my mind but ending up saying something like ….”Oh gee thanks” and give a shy smile, silly I know but the idea unsettles me. (a)Does this happen to you and (b) what do you say? 

      Yes I get very nervous still, and feel like I should not brag about my author status just yet. I still have a far way to go. I even still get very ,very nervous at book signings.

2.       In general do you like to talk about you writing and published books or are you very close-lip about it? If no why? 

       No I am very open, and perhaps too opinionative. It a fascinating, ever-changing industry. Like I said I have a far way to still go and need all the information, knowledge and opinions I can get.

3.       What book/s are you currently writing and what is it about? 

      I am writing the second book in my Dystopian, science-fiction fantasy Series “The Broken Series Book two – Evanescent.”  I have also started - just recently on a supernatural set of two books called The Haltered duology. Both have very paranormal fantasy fiction themes.

4.       Why this particular genre? Mainly fiction with mixed genres as mentioned above.


5.       What inspire or motivate you to write? 

      My imagination! My need to share my worlds. It is healing and liberating and I learn a lot about myself through the exploration of it all.

6.       What is the writing process like for you? 

      It’s a long joyful, somewhat frustrating process. The writing is the best part. Then comes the rewrites witch can be up to 6 times on one story. Then revisions, then edits, edit, edit, edit, revisions, proofreading and then one more edit (hopefully). Its an exciting and thrilling ride. But it’s a long commitment to make, one that takes patience I need to acquire still. I can never stop learning.

7.       What is the best and/ or worst part of being a writer? Everything about it is the best part. My head is a wonderful place. Worst? Not found out yet!

8.       Any advice for struggling writers? 

      Follow your heart, be patient, research, network. Have fun! Never be scared.

9.       What is your favorite genre to read or write? Dystopian, supernatural, science- fiction.

10.   Favorite author? Too many to mention. Each have their unique qualities I admire.

11.   Do you have a favorite spot to read and write? Anywhere is good.

12.   What did you do before you became a writer? Too many things.

13.   Was it a life long dream or triggered recently? Always been there, but only wanted to publish my work in 2009.

14.   What do you like to do when not writing?

       Be outside exploring with my kids, riding bike with my husband. Watching amazing TV series with hubby.

15.   Do you have a bucket/ to-do list and would you share at least two things on it

      Yes! More adventures stuff. I’ve been rock-climbing, I want to learn to play violin, and to do fencing.

16.   What have you done so far on this list? Rock Climbing.



17.   Most daring thing or experience you have done you would like to share? 

      As a teenager – sneaking out was one of the scariest things ever – especially with my parents!

18.   This or that questions:
        ·         Coffee or Tea -  cappuccino
        ·         Sweet or sour for now, sour.
        ·         Home make meal or takeouts –  Good old home style cooking!
        ·         Winter or summerSummer!!!!!
        ·         Night-owl or Early-BirdEither J
        ·         Telephone or visits I am not a liberty to say. J
        ·         Which social network do you prefer? At the moment Facebook.
        ·         Blogger or website? Both are essential tools
        ·         What does your family say about your career? Supportive or Clueless
               They have been amazing!

        


And Finally
Moto/wisdom in life you live by. 

“Don’t let fear cripple your abilities,
let love give you wings”
The Broken Destiny – Carlyle Labuschange
Contact details and buy links of the newest books you would like the readers to know.

Buy Links: Amazon: / Barnes and Nobles 
Fansite: http://www.thebrokenseriesfansite.com/


Thank you Lynelle! Here is to wishing you the best in everything you do!

Autho Bio
Carlyle Labuschagne is a South African Debut Author working her way into the hearts of international readers with her First Novel “The Broken Destiny. She is not only an author but works as PR and Marketing Manager by day. She holds a diploma in creative writing through the writing school at Collage SA. Loves to swim, fights for the trees, food lover who is driven by passion. Carlyle writes for IU e-magazine an inspirational non-profit magazine that aims at inspiring the world through words. The drive behind her author career is healing through words. 
My goal as an Author is to touch people’s lives and help others love their differences and one another.

A firm believer in - YA saves!

Blurb:
Ava knows much more, and feels much more than she is allowed to. When she starts questioning her origins and the destruction of Earth, things go horribly wrong for her. She is saved by a Minoan boy from an attempted kidnapping on her life – the perpetrators are evil Zulus and their dark ancient magic. Humans and Minoans are forbidden to interact with each other, and as she is taken back to their village she finds out why – they know of her, her kind and her destiny to save a dying race. Ava must rid them from the Council’s ruling and free the galaxy of The Shadow. Her destiny is to rise above the fall, because within her soul is the key to an archaic weapon that has been missing in the mix of a genetic code since the time of the ancients. As the prophecy unfolds she learns of her bloodline – a bloodline that makes her less human than she could ever have imagined. She alone has the power to destroy or save, but the mind-shift is a horrible thing. Ava will become what she hates to save the ones she loves. Beaten, poisoned, possessed and betrayed by her own emotions, she has no choice but to rise above it all… for that is her Destiny. 

The Broken Destiny was voted #3 on the goodreads Debut list for 2012 : http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/9748.YA_Debuts_2012#12537426


Prologue
All my life, I had searched for something, something I thought I ought to be. I felt like I was living someone else’s life, waiting for the awakening of my own. I felt like an empty shell burning for life. That was, until the day I lay dying in the prince’s chambers. I could no longer feel the pain from the tear in my gut. The only sensation left was a hollowed-out feeling that I had made a huge mistake in assuming that taking my own life, would have stopped the ancestors’ spirit from raging out. I had given up. I didn’t want to see myself killing the ones I loved. I was the Chosen one, but I threw it all away for what I thought would save a life. Could you end a life to save a life? I did, and I have regretted it ever since. I realized then that things like me are not meant to exist. What had been missing my whole life? It was I. To find myself, I had to lose myself in the worst possible way. The consequences of my actions became the legend of The Broken.

Thanks once again for your willingness to share with me and the readers.

SUPPORT! SUPPORT! I can never say this enough, all authors if they only start out now or have several books published needs support from readers. How? Buy their books, write constructive reviews, tell some one else about the book, connect with them. We love to connect with our readers.

My next visitor will be 
Glyn Smith
June 19, 2013 





No comments:

Post a Comment