Sunday, April 14, 2013

Today the Limelight is on Bronwen Evans


In the Limelight with….. Bronwen Evans



Welcome and thanks for being part of this blog and my one year celebration.

I thought it a good idea to catch up and see what you are up to since the last time I reviewed a book for you.

You can see my review for 
To Challenge Earl of Cravenswood 


Author’s Interview Questions

      1.       Are you famous is the general question I get when family and friends introduces me to their friends. It always left me with a pause as quick comebacks filters through my mind but ending up saying something like ….”Oh gee thanks” and give a shy smile. (a)Does this happen to you and (b) what do you say?

Hi Lynelle, thanks for having me to blog. I’m waving from New Zealand.

The answer to being famous is no way! I’m not famous at all. For starters my books aren’t published here. NZ is too small and the romance market is tiny. I do however, get a very interested reply when they ask what I do for a living. When I tell them I’m a romance author, they usually want to know all about it. What I write, who I’m published by and how many books  I’ve written. Then they get onto how much money can you make and how long does it take you to write a book.

      2.       In general do you like to talk about you writing and published books or are you very close-lip about it? If no why?

I still work in another job, mainly because I like keeping my hand in the corporate world. I’m the Executive Director of a surgical society, and I certainly don’t hide that I write romance novels. They don’t seem to mind. I’m proud of what I write and I never hide it.


      3.       What book/s are you currently writing and what is it about?


I’m writing the third book in my Regency romance ‘Invitation to’ series, INVITATION TO PASSION, plus a contemporary yet to be titled.

Invitation to Passion
Consummate rake, Richard Craven, has his heartbroken when the woman he loves is forced into an arranged marriage to a violent brute. To make matters worse, circumstances force him to marry Madeline Knight—a woman he views more like a sister-only for fate to play the cruelest of tricks. Shortly after his wedding his former lover is widowed, and Richard learns she could be pregnant with his child.

Madeline Knight thought she was doing the right thing when she saved Richard Craven from his lover's irate husband. Now her silly schoolgirl crush has left her married to a man who's in love with another woman. Consumed with guilt over trapping Richard, she tries her best to be the perfect wife and win his heart. Failure is not an option. For if she fails she loses everything, she loves him too much not to set him free…

While Richard and Madeline confront the reality of their marriage, Madeline’s life comes under threat. A family enemy is set on revenge. Will Richard learn the truth of his heart, and what is truly precious to him, before the unknown enemy destroys their world?

      4.      Why this particular genre?

I write Regency romances because I love the history of the period and also the inequality of the sexes makes the tropes, like marriage of convenience etc, more believable.

I then write contemporary because I can turn to more modern themes and deal with issues that face women today.

      5.       What inspire or motivate you to write?

I love stories. I love thinking up stories and I love writing them down. It’s as simple as that. What a great way to make a living, doing something you’re passionate about.

      6.       What is the writing process like for you?

I usually plot out a story, then write an outline. Then basically write the book. I write whenever I can and set myself weekly targets.

      7.       What is the best and/ or worst part of being a writer?

Best part is I’m doing what I love. Worst part is that it never turns off. I can write all the time and get so lost in my stories I forget there is a world out there.

      8.       Any advice for struggling writers?

Just keep writing and learning your craft. Learn how to craft a good story. Take your favorite books and analyze them. Work our why you love them and understand what the author did. Then just simply write a good story. And keep writing them.

      9.       What is your favorite genre to read or write?

Regency, Contemporary and Paranormals
.
      10.   Favorite author?

I don’t have one favorite, I have many. Gaelen Foley, Nicole Jordan, Emma Wildes, Jennifer Ashley, Kresley Cole, Nalini Singh etc



      11.   Do you have a favorite spot to read and write? 

Yes, my vineyard beach house in the Hawke’s Bay area of New Zealand. It’s a little slice of heaven.



      12.   What do you like to do when not writing?

I usually spend time with friends and family and play the odd round of golf, and I enjoy playing bridge.

      13.   Do you have a bucket list and would you share at least two things on it?

Nope, I’m pretty content. I spent about 8 years living overseas and I travelled a lot. Most corners of the world, but there is no place like home. Mostly, I just want to stay healthy and happy. Perhaps my bucket list now relates to writing. I want to hit the NY Times top 50.

      14.   What have you done so far on this list?

Been on the NY Times Best Sellers List.

      15.   Most daring thing or experience you have done you would like to share?

Daring? I’d say giving up a highly paid job to be a writer is very daring. It paid off. I sold my first completed manuscript within 6 months of going down to part-time work.

      16.   This or that questions:
             ·         Coffee or Tea - TEA
             ·         Sweet or sour – SWEET
             ·         Home make meal or takeouts –  BOTH
             ·         Winter or summer – SUMMER
             ·         Night-owl or Early-Bird – EARLY-BIRD
             ·         Telephone or visits – VISITS
             ·         Which social network do you prefer? Facebook and Twitter
             ·         Blogger or website? BOTH – my blog is on my website. I usually only blog when I have something to say.
             ·         What does your family say about your career? Supportive or Clueless - SUPPORTIVE

And Finally

Moto / wisdom in life you live by. 
"You’ll never know unless you try"


Contact details and buy links of the newest books 

The Reluctant Wife – Bronwen Evans
Wicked Wagers – Bronwen Evans





Well that is it for today. 
Thanks Bronwen for visiting and sharing some of your wisdom and new releases with us.
Congratulations on your new books, may you see the fruit of all your hard work.

Remember please support our authors buying their books, giving them good reviews and going to your local library offering them a copy.


Next week In the Limelight with...
M.C.V. Egan
on April 17, 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment