Wednesday, April 10, 2013

In the Limelight with…..Ann B Harrison


In the Limelight with…..Ann B Harrison




Welcome and thanks for being part of this blog celebration.

I thoroughly enjoyed your book Taming the Outback. 
Sweet contemporary romance.
My review can be seen HERE

You're welcome Lynelle, thanks for having me back.

I thought it a good idea to catch up and see what you are up to since the last time I reviewed a book for you.


       1.       Are you famous is the general question I get when family and friends introduces me to their friends. It always left me with a pause as quick comebacks filters through my mind but ending up saying something like ….”Oh gee thanks” and give a shy smile. (a)Does this happen to you and (b) what do you say?

Yes it does, I usually get 'oh you're so and so's famous friend.

      2.       In general do you like to talk about your writing and published books or are you very close-lip about it? If no why?

I've never been the type of person to race out and get in someone's face if you know what I mean. I'm not good at self promotion. If they want to know about what I write I tell them. I even hand out cards so they can follow up and buy my books. I'm not too sure who gets the biggest buzz, me or them.

      3.       What book/s are you currently writing and what is it about? At the moment I have a couple of books on the go. My latest contemporary romance 'Outback Gold' is top of the list. Another book set in my favorite desert home. Outback Thunder was released last week.

Blurb
Zoe left home at the age of twenty when she found Jonas, the love of her life, in the arms of another woman. Ten years later she returns from London to help her brother keep their outback property in the family and out of the hands of the major shareholder - Jonas.
But they each hold a secret. Jonas has called her back under false pretences and Zoe's secret has the potential to destroy their love for ever.
Will their love survive?

      4.       Why this particular genre?

I was always told to write what you know. I'm a country girl, always have been so that's what I write.

      5.       What inspire or motivate you to write?

It can be something as simple as hearing a song or seeing a lovely landscape.

      6.       What is the writing process like for you?

Usually the first part of the book goes really fast and I can then see where I'm heading. The part I have the most trouble with is the middle of the book. Those are the days that I drag the words out and you have to keep going. It usually works out in the end.

      7.       What is the best and/ or worst part of being a writer?

The best part for me is research. Love going out and seeing what I can use in my books. As we speak I'm on my way to Sydney to see the Greek exhibit for research into a paranormal series I'm writing.

      8.       Any advice for struggling writers?

Yes, don't give up, EVER. Unless you don't really want to be a writer that is. Then feel free to play at it and brush it aside. But seriously, it's not easy. Like any job you have to work at it.

      9.       What is your favorite genre to read or write?

I love paranormal, young adult or adult.

      10.   Favorite author?

Way too many to say but I love when I find a new one to add to my list. Last year was Deborah Harkness.

      11.   Do you have a favorite spot to read and write?

I write everywhere, even the car when we travel.
    
      12.   Do you have a bucket list and would you share at least two things on it?

I don't have one really, I just go with the flow. There are some things I want to do and I will get around to it. Balloon flight and going to Italy are a couple of things I want next year.



      13.   What have you done so far on this list?

A lot of travel, getting my first book published, going to the States, doing the trip down the San Francisco coast.



      14.   Most daring thing or experience you have done you would like to share?

I'm a woose, I don't do anything out there.

      15.   This or that questions:
             ·         Coffee or Tea - Tea
             ·         Sweet or sour – Savory
             ·         Home make meal or takeouts – Home made
             ·         Winter or summer – Summer
             ·         Night-owl or Early-Bird – Early bird
             ·         Telephone or visits – Telephone, we live in the middle of the desert and everywhere is way too far to travel

             ·         Which social network do you prefer? Facebook :
         
             ·         Blogger or website? Website www.annbharrison.com

             ·         What does your family say about your career? Supportive or Clueless 
                    Really supportive, my DH is so proud of me.

And Finally

Moto/wisdom in life you live by.

You can fix a bad page but you can't fix a blank page.

Contact details and buy links of Ann's newest books are:
Outback Thunder :  Amazon / Red Hot : 


Well our time is up and I enjoyed visiting with Ann today. This is the part of writing I like the most, getting to know authors and what is important to them.
Thanks once again for your willingness to share with me and the readers. Congratulations with the book Outback Thunder I really hope that it will go well with this new addition out of your pen. As well as all your other ventures you are planning. 

Please remember to support all the authors that you read or seen about. They put a lot of effort into every book and the support is always a good sign that they are appreciated.

Thank you for having me Lynelle.

Next on In the limelight with....
We have Bronwyn Evans
on April 14, 2013


Until we meet again.





No comments:

Post a Comment