Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Interview with Michel Prince


In the Limelight with 
Michel Prince



Welcome and thanks for agreeing and being part of this blog. 

Thanks for having me by.

I thought it a good idea to catch up with you and see what you are up to since the last time I reviewed a book for you.

You can read my review for Chrysalis on Amazon HERE


Author’s Interview Questions

      1.       Are you famous is the general question I get when family and friends introduces me to their friends. It always left me with a pause as quick comebacks filters through my mind but ending up saying something like ….”Oh gee thanks” and give a shy smile. (a)Does this happen to you and (b) what do you say?  

      I have a few people that say things and my outside persona shines, but inside I’m like “no really I’m not that.”

2.       In general do you like to talk about you writing and published books or are you very close-lip about it? If no why?  

      I don’t mind talking about it, but there are some questions that get old that are general writing questions.  When people ask me real questions from my books I love to answer them.

3.       What book/s are you currently writing and what is it about?  

      There are quite a few I’m writing right now, one that I have out for submission right now is called Silly Girl and is a contemporary story about a woman who meets the NBA player she’s been in love with since she was fifteen only to find out he’s not as put together as his rep has him.  But he knows the second he meets her that he needs her in his life, but being the public could be dangerous for Sylvia. 

4.       Why this particular genre?  

       New Adult has the excitement of firsts.  First kiss, first loves, firsts are amazing and I know it sounds cliché but they only happen once.

5.       What inspire or motivate you to write?  

       I get inspiration from little things.  A comment, picture, smell anything can trigger an idea.

6.       What is the writing process like for you?  

       It depends on the book.  I have some that pour out of me and others that I have to put myself on a schedule to finish, if it’s paranormal I usually have quite a bit of research involved.

7.       What is the best and/ or worst part of being a writer?  

       Worst is editing and any writers that don’t say that are lying.  In edits you see your mistakes and it makes you question your ability in everyway.  At the same with the right editor you’ll find ways to enhance a scene that might have been bugging you because there was just something not there.

8.       Any advice for struggling writers?  

      It depends if they’re struggling to get published…there’s someone for you keep pushing.  Jack London got over 400 rejections before publishing American classics.  If they are struggling with the process…you’ll have to find your trigger.  There are quite a few different ways to get yourself started.  Some people interview their characters, others look at pictures and write scenes, everything is fair game.

9.       What is your favorite genre to read or write?  

      Paranormal is probably my favorite to read although I do love a good mystery.

10.   Favorite author?  

      There is no such thing…picking a favorite author is like picking a favorite book.  I have too many to count.

11.   Do you have a favorite spot to read and write? 

       For focused writing I sit at my dining room table.  Reading I can do anywhere but I do love being snuggled in bed.

12.   What do you like to do when not writing? 

       I cross stitch and watch my son play basketball.



13.   Do you have a bucket list and would you share at least two things on it?  

      I’d really like to go to a beach hut hotel in Bora Bora and take a European history tour.

14.   What have you done so far on this list? I got my books published.

15.   Most daring thing or experience you have done you would like to share?  

      I went to the open air area of the Hancock Building during a tornado warning.  It’s 93 floors up and lightning, wind and rain was whipping through the screened in area.  Just going out in that area in general is scary, but I knew I’d never get another chance like that so I took it.

      16.   This or that questions:

       ·         Coffee or Tea -  Dr. Pepper…or Mint Tea
       ·         Sweet or sour – Sweet
       ·         Home make meal or takeouts – Takeout there’s less to clean up afterwards
       ·         Winter or summer –  Yep…both have parts I love.  I love bundling up and    watching the snow fall, but I love sitting out in the sun and hiking.
       ·         Night-owl or Early-Bird –  Night owl, although I work early in the morning I loved when I worked overnights so I’m still better at night.
       ·         Telephone or visits – Neither.  Most of the time I like to hide out.
·         Which social network do you prefer?  Facebook
·         Blogger or website?  Yep.  I have a website with a blog.
·         What does your family say about your career? Supportive or Clueless.  Yep…they are supportive, but clueless as to the nuances that go into the process.

And Finally
Motto/wisdom in life you live by. 
I don’t really have one but I guess there’s a saying I like and try to remember.  “One man’s ceiling is a another man’s floor…see you at the top.”

Contact details and buy links of the newest books you would like the readers to know.


It was great to catch up with you Michel, thanks for being part of the celebration and I wish you all the best with your writing and books.

Remember

My next guest on 
In the Limelight with... will be
Tracy Kauffman
May 10, 2013


Until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment