Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Interview with Ute Carbone


In the Limelight with…
Ute Carbone



Welcome and thanks for agreeing being part of this blog.

I thought it a good idea to catch up with you and see what you are up to since the last time I reviewed a book for you. Afterglow's review can be read Here
It will entertain and put a smile on your lips. 
Recommended Read

Author’s Interview Questions

      1.       Are you famous is the general question I get when family and friends introduces me to their friends. It always left me with a pause as quick comebacks filters through my mind but ending up saying something like ….”Oh gee thanks” and give a shy smile. (a)Does this happen to you and (b) what do you say?    

     I like talking to readers, so I’m always happy to hear what they have to say. As far as fame, I’ll usually say something silly like ‘not yet’ or ‘maybe someday’.

      2.       In general do you like to talk about you writing and published books or are you very close-lip about it? If no why?  

     I love talking about my writing! I’m very bad, it’s like asking about children or grandchildren. Here, let me show you my covers.

      3.       What book/s are you currently writing and what is it about? 

     
I always have a couple of things I’m working on. At the moment, I’m hard at work on a sequel to Sweet Lenora.  
     Sweet Lenora is a historical romance novella, set in 1852. I wrote it as part of a series my publisher is doing called “Dark Heroes” which is (as the title implies) about heroes that are little less than perfect and have a dark side. My hero, Anton Bourdreaux,  is Captain of a clipper ship and has a nebulous past. In “Sweet Lenora” the heroine, Lenora stows away on the ship to escape an arranged marriage to a loathsome man.   Because it’s novella length, though, I couldn’t get to all the places I wanted to go with these two characters. 
     The second novella picks up where the first leaves off and takes up the next part of the adventure. I think there will probably be a part three as well. Stay tuned.  I’m also gearing up for the release of another romantic comedy, Searching for Superman, which is coming out in June and a short story trilogy, I’ll Be Seeing You, which will be out in July.   I’ve also got a women’s fiction in the works and another romantic comedy asking for my attention. I will get back to them eventually.

Since I spent so much time talking about it, here’s the cover to Sweet Lenora. It will be out in July 

      4.       Why this particular genre? 

     This book is a big departure for me as its historical. I generally write romantic comedy and women’s fiction. I’ve been thinking about how my work all fits together lately. I think the defining theme seems to be ‘love or heart. All the stories, be they funny or serious, present or past, are written with heart and are about love in all its many facets.

      5.       What inspire or motivate you to write? 

     I love words. And I love a good story. I guess it’s a
combination of those things, hoping to weave words into
     a story that will connect with readers

      6.       What is the writing process like for you? 

     I’m a pantser, which means I tend to fly ‘by the seat of 
     my pants’ and not plot things out beforehand. I do, though, write my first drafts out longhand. There’s a whole lot of crossing out and rewriting and inserting that happens between my journal and the document that ends up on my computer.

      7.       What is the best and/ or worst part of being a writer? 

     The best is writing itself. I love making up stories. I was one of those kids who wanted to be everything and with writing, in my imagination; I can go all kinds of places and be all kinds of things. The worst is promotion. All authors have to do it these days, but I can’t say that I really enjoy it.

      8.       Any advice for struggling writers? 

     Keep writing. Read a lot. Read the kind of stuff you want to write. But mostly, keep writing. Like anything, the more you practice the better you get at it.

      9.       What is your favorite genre to read or write? 

     I love women’s fiction, which isn’t surprising because it’s what I write. And I like good funny books.

      10.   Favorite author? 

     There are too many favorites to name them all!! I really like Elizabeth Berg and Alice Hoffman.  But they’re just the tip of the book pile!

      11.   Do you have a favorite spot to read and write? 
      
      Share a photo if you have I don’t have a photo, but I do have an office where I do most of my writing. I also have a little corner on the living room couch. My kindle lives on the end table with a pile of books.

      12.   What do you like to do when not writing? 
      
      I hike or walk in the woods nearly every day. This is the park near my house 

      


      13.   Do you have a bucket list and would you share at least two things on it? 
     
     A very loooong bucket list, actually. Hmm, two things. I want to go to Rome and see the Sistine Chapel ceiling. And I’d like to hike in New Zealand. There’s much, much more…

      14.   What have you done so far on this list? 

     On the bucket list? Well, I’ve had some books published. I’ve seen several Broadway plays and I’ve been to the beach in California.

      15.   Most daring thing or experience you have done you would like to share? 

     Nothing too daring, I’m afraid. I like to ski. I guess some people would find that daring?

      16.   This or that questions:
       ·         Coffee or Tea - Coffee
       ·         Sweet or sour –Sweet
       ·         Home make meal or takeouts – Homemade. I have a terrific hubby who can cook!
       ·         Winter or summer –Ooh, tough one. I actually like winter because I like winter sports. But as I get older, I’m becoming more of a summer person.
       ·         Night-owl or Early-Bird – I’m a night owl
       ·         Telephone or visits – Visits
       ·         Which social network do you prefer? I’m mostly on Facebook, though I do tweet as well.
       ·         Blogger or website? Both! I have a website at: http://UteCarbone.com
       ·                      And I blog at: http://ute-carbone.blogspot.com/
       ·         What does your family say about your career? Supportive or Clueless 
           They are actually very supportive.

And Finally

Buy links of the books you would like the readers to know.
Afterglow Amazon

The sweet Lenora Blurb:
Lenora Brewer’s family owns the largest shipyard in Salem Massachusetts and Lenora, as her father’s only living child, is given free rein to learn the business. When Lenora’s father is killed in a carriage accident, her relatives arrange a marriage to a wealthy investor who is rumored to have beaten his first wife to death.
            Lenora devises a scheme to stowaway on The Sweet Lenora, a ship named for her.  
The last thing Anton Boudreaux needs is a naïve young woman stowing away on his ship. The dark and daring captain has secrets of his own to protect.
            When Sweet Lenora encounters a dangerous storm off the coast of Brazil, Lenora and Anton find in each other the courage and tenacity to brave the elements. As their love for one another grows it becomes a force to be reckoned with—and it will be sorely tested.


Thanks once again for your willingness to share with me and the readers.

Please support the authors, visit them and give them some feed back. We love to know what you think.

Next time on In the Limelight with...

Vicky Savage
May 05, 2013


 Until Then

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me as your guest today, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure Ute. Wishing you all the best with your books and plans for the future.

      Delete
  2. Ute, I thoroughly recommend NZ as a place to do anything outside. It's beautful, usually comfortable and safe.

    ReplyDelete