Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Heather B. Moore



Welcome and thanks for agreeing and being part of this blog.
I thought it a good idea to catch up with you and see what you are up to since the last time I reviewed Heart of the Ocean for you. You can learn more about the book HERE.

Author’s Interview Questions

      1.       Are you famous is the general question I get when family and friends introduces me to their friends. It always left me with a pause as quick comebacks filters through my mind but ending up saying something like ….”Oh gee thanks” and give a shy smile. (a)Does this happen to you and (b) what do you say?
a.       Some people will say, “I can’t believe I’m talking to a famous person.” I just say, “I’m not famous” and then laugh.

      2.       In general do you like to talk about you writing and published books or are you very close-lip about it? If no why?
a.       I love to talk about my books and writing, but only do so if asked, and usually only at length if the person is truly interested and if I think I can help them on their own publishing path. Otherwise, I’d rather just talk about other books and authors in general. I’m an avid reader and I have a lot of authors who I love to read.

     3.       What book/s are you currently writing and what is it about?
a.       I just finished drafting a novella called Lost then Found. It’s part of a 5-part novella series called The Aliso Creek Novella series. They are contemporary romances.

Blurb
A dark secret . . . a grieving ghost . . . a handsome stranger . . . What more could Eliza Robinson want? Except for maybe her life.

In Heather B. Moore’s enthralling 1840’s historical romance, Heart of the Ocean, Eliza Robinson has turned down the very pretentious Mr. Thomas Beesley’s marriage proposal. As a business partner of Eliza’s father, Thomas quickly discredits the family and brings disgrace to the Robinson name.

While her father scrambles to restore his good name in New York City, Eliza flees to the remote Puritan town of Maybrook to stay with her Aunt Maeve. Although relieved to be away from all- things-male and unforgiving gossip columns, odd things start to happen to Eliza, and she is plagued by a ghostly voice. Her aunt’s explanation? That Eliza is being haunted by a woman who died of a broken heart twenty years ago.

After Aunt Maeve is tragically killed, Eliza's life is put in danger as she tries to uncover the mystery of her aunt's death. She encounters Jonathan Porter in Maybrook, whose presence in the town seems suspicious, yet she finds herself drawn to him. When she discovers that Jonathan’s dark secrets may be the link between the dead woman who haunts her and her aunt’s murderer, Eliza realizes that Jonathan is the one man she should never trust.

      4.       Why this particular genre? I love reading mysteries and historicals… so this book became a blend of both.

      5.       What inspires or motivates you to write? 
      I love to read, and writing is a lot like reading… especially since I’m a “discovery” writer, which means I don’t always know what I’m going to write in the next scene or chapter—much like reading a book.

      6.       What is the writing process like for you? 
       I create my own deadlines and set daily word count goals. This helps me see how I’m progressing, and can also be motivating when I see the word count stack up.

       7.       What is the best and/ or worst part of being a writer? 
       The best part is when someone tells you they enjoyed reading your book because you feel like you did something worth someone else’s time to invest in. The worst part is balancing all of the other things in life that are important with the love for writing.

      8.       Any advice for struggling writers? 
       My advice to struggling writers is to surround yourself with other writers who can support you in your journey. Be willing to revise your work. Keep persevering.

      9.       What is your favorite genre to read or write? 
      My favorite genre to write is historical. I love the research and I love the challenge of creating a new setting.

      10.   Favorite author? 
       I have plenty, but I love Maeve Binchy (characterization), Anne Perry (description, mystery), Adriana Travaglini (family saga).

      11.   Do you have a favorite spot to read and write? 
      In my office.

      12.   What do you like to do when not writing? I love to travel. 



      13.   Do you have a bucket list and would you share at least two things on it? 
      Not skydiving… but I’d love to go on a Mediterranean cruise again and do the whole Jane Austen tour in England.

      


      14.   What have you done so far on this list? 
       I went on a Mediterranean cruise when I was eight… but I’m not counting that. LOL

       15.   Most daring thing or experience you have done you would like to share? 
       Some people are impressed that I took 4 kids to Israel one summer. But I think it was when I became Scuba certified… it was kind of freaky to be diving deep with strange sea creatures.

      


       16.   This or that questions:
       ·         Coffee or Tea -  Hot Chocolate (prefer Stephen’s Gourmet brand)
       ·         Sweet or sour – sweet
       ·         Home make meal or takeouts –  homemade
       ·         Winter or summer – Summer (Autumn is my most favorite)
       ·         Night-owl or Early-Bird – Early bird
       ·         Telephone or visits – either works
       ·         Which social network do you prefer? I get more interactive comments on Facebook over blogging or tweeting
       ·         Blogger or website? I have both, but update my blog more often: http://mywriterslair.blogspot.com
       ·         What does your family say about your career? Supportive or Clueless. My family is supportive most of the time, unless they are hungry. **smile**


And Finally
Moto/wisdom in life you live by. 

Favorite writing quote: Give yourself permission to write a bad rough draft.

Contact details and buy links of the newest books you would like the readers to know.
Website: www.hbmoore.com

Facebook: Heather Brown Moore (or) Fans of H.B. Moore
Twitter: @heatherbmoore


Book trailer for my lastest historical thriller:



Most recent releases:
The Aliso Creek Novella Series


 
Biblical novel, coming April 2013




  
The Newport Ladies Book Club series




 A Timeless Romance Anthology series:






WOW! This was such and interesting interview. Thanks Heather for sharing with us.

Please do support the authors, as you can see a lot of hard work is going into the books. The least you can do is support them. You know, buying, reviewing, talking about them.

Next time on In The Limelight with
Amber Lea Easton
June 02, 2013






2 comments: